Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Thinker

I've always wondered why people refer to sitting on the toilet "the thinker". These people must have never been mothers, or parents for that matter.  In my house you can barely get into the bathroom and close the door before someone "needs" to talk to you. I've even tried to sneak away and creep up the stairs, carefully choosing each stair, praying it wont squeak and blow my cover.  Just when I thought I was free, some little person discovers my absence and suddenly is about to pee their pants!!  Now if you are a mom you know that if your 2 year old needs to go potty you stop WHATEVER you are doing and support them!

The other day my 2year old come in wanting me to attach his Batman cape (of course) and then here comes my 7 year old needing help reading a word from her Ramona book.  Just when I thought the bathroom couldn't get any smaller her comes "Frenchy" the cat.  Who, by the way, can open up a door by pushing it in! 


Now that I let everyone and there dog (in this case cat) into share my bathroom experience with me,
I quickly fix everyone's problem and send them on their way. Just then I hear talking outside my door.


I peak out and I see ALL of  them line up like black Friday shoppers against the wall, just waiting for my door to open! Now believe you me that I LOVE being so popular in my house hold but even celebrities need their privacy from time to time.  You would think that I was hording candy or something by the response I was getting. 


The worst part is after they hear the flush and door open they say what they say and don't "need" to talk to me for hours. 


What can I say, I guess I am just old celebrity news!


 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!

    Aspen followed me into the bathroom today! I made her wait out side the door. She's a dog for crying out loud...she doesn't "need" anything from me in my bathroom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My CATS always need to go in the bathroom with me. Don't know why, but if I close them out, they sit outside and MEOW and scratch at the door till I let them in. Even when I'm taking a bath, Chelsea likes to come in and sit on the edge of the bathtub. Go figure. My kids are grown and I STILL don't have any privacy!!!

    ReplyDelete